Reports to: Executive Director
Deadline: June 1st, 2020
Status: Full-time, exempt position
International Funders for Indigenous Peoples (IFIP) is a diverse global community that brings philanthropic organizations, donors, Indigenous Led Funds, and funding allies to together to expand a community of practice based on the 4Rs of Indigenous Philanthropy and advocate for access to resources to Indigenous Peoples. We work to enhance the effectiveness of philanthropy and the funding community to strengthen the ties between funders and its
many stakeholders, including Indigenous-led organizations, and allies in the funding community. IFIP is looking for a mission-driven, skillful, and highly-motivated individual to join our small team as the Member Engagement and Communications Manager. This position offers an opportunity to work with a range of stakeholders in the philanthropic sector, including cross-sector funder network collaborators and Indigenous partners. The Member
Engagement and Communications Manager will deepen engagement of members and program offerings, and manage the communications area of the organization to further the strategic goals of the organization. Understanding of, and respect for, Indigenous Peoples and local communities is essential for the position. IFIP is creating this position to respond to a global community of members looking to collaborate and form strategic
partnerships, and grow a community of practice that partners with Indigenous Peoples to advance well-being, self-determination, and rights. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will focus on engagement and member collaboration, recruit new members, manage communications, and support planning of events and convenings.
Core and Essential Responsibilities
• Engage with members and keep appraised of their interests, needs, expectations, and opportunities for collaboration.
• Ensure that members have access to resources and are benefiting from programs and events.
• In partnership with the Executive Director, conduct outreach, manage and maintain on-going relationships with existing and expanding members and funders.
• Manage renewal and outreach to new members, including developing and implementing strategies for communicating with members and onboarding of new members into the network.
• Respond to member requests for information, resources, and participation on listserv groups.
• Develop and execute a communications strategy that support IFIP’s strategic goals and leadership in the sector.
• Develop and implement an annual communications plan with goals, materials, and performance indicators.
• Manage all forms of social media presence to promote Indigenous Philanthropy.
• Manage development of a new website, maintenance, and content generation, including member news, event information and registration, resources, public announcements, etc.
• Partner with members and other stakeholders to produce or provide oversight for newsletters, materials, and publications as appropriate.
• Manage media relationships to promote stories to philanthropy news organizations and sector publications.
Program Support and Project Management
• Arrange, prepare and attend meetings and convenings of funders in support of strategic initiatives.
• Coordinate post-event follow-ups, including sending out program surveys for satisfaction.
• Manage the online registration process for a variety of events and programs.
• Participate in program planning meetings, and act as point of communication for program information details.
• Provide event planning and logistical support, including managing vendors and contractors.
• Manage and maintain the membership Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, monitor progress towards goals, and track metrics.
• Experience developing and managing successful programs, collaboratives, and engaging diverse stakeholders.
• Proven experience in planning, coordinating, and executing events and meetings. Facilitation skill a plus.
• Strong understanding of current communication trends and technologies.
• Attention to detail and on-time delivery of high-quality products.
• Outstanding personal communication skills, with a proven track record of exceptional relationship-building with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Innovative thinker and problem solver, ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans and results
• Effective, demonstrated communication skills in written, oral, electronic and social media.
• Passion for commitment to advancing the human rights of Indigenous Peoples.
• Deeply values and advocates for social justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion of Indigenous Peoples.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and also as part of a team that includes not just our staff and Board but also our members and partners across the world.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English. Spanish or Portuguese proficiency a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 -5 years of experience of membership coordination or equivalent and communications experience.
• Knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit sector.
• Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and indigenous issues.
• Experience in budgets, program planning and financial management
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work flexible hours
IFIP staff and board work together virtually with in-person meetings happening throughout the year. We also work with members and partners across the globe who are in different time zones requiring flexible hours. IFIP is a collaborative team that seeks to include the voices and input of our members and Indigenous partners in the development and execution of our work. Prior experience working with members and volunteers is preferred, but more important is enthusiasm for serving and elevating the leadership and commitment of IFIP’s global network.
Candidates should submit a resume and one-page cover letter in PDF. International Funders for Indigenous Peoples is an equal opportunity employer. IFIP embraces a diverse, multicultural work environment and seeks diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.
Start date: IFIP seeks to fill this position by July 15th, 2020.
Compensation: Competitive non-profit salary and benefits package.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé or CV by May 30, 2020 to: email@example.com. Please include “Your name – IFIP MECM” in the subject line of your email. All expressions of interest and applications will be held in strict confidence.